All versions of QuickBooks Desktop let you track jobs, record estimates, and do progress invoicing. You can turn on these features or change their preferences in the Jobs & Estimates preferences window.
Open the Jobs & Estimates preferences
- Select the Edit menu at the top, then choose Preferences.
- In the “Preferences” window, select Jobs & Estimates from the left.
- Select the Company Preferences tab.
- Now you can edit job status descriptions, or change preferences for estimates and progress invoicing.
|Company-wide preferences affect all users. Only the Admin of the company file can change them.|
Change any or all of five job status descriptions
The job status descriptions give you a way to record the progress of a job. If any of the descriptions are inappropriate for your business, you can change them. For example, you could change “Pending” to “Submitted,” or “Awarded” to “Accepted.”
How to use job status descriptions
When you are setting up a job (in the New Job window), editing information about a job (on the Job Info tab in the Edit Job window), you can choose one of the status.
Turn on estimates feature
- Make sure that Yes is selected in response to the question Do you create estimates?
- If you want to be warned when you try to record an estimate that has the same number as an existing estimate, select Warn about duplicate estimate number.
- If you want to mark estimates “Closed” after converting to invoice, select Close estimates after converting to invoice.Note: This option will not be available if progress invoicing is on.
- Select OK.
|Tip: Turn on the estimates feature if you create bids, quotes, or proposals before you start a job.|
Turn on progress invoicing
- Make sure that Yes is selected in response to the question Do you do progress invoicing?Note: This option will not be available if the estimates feature is turned off.
- If you don’t want line items that have zero amounts to print on your progress invoices, select Don’t print items that have zero amount.
- Select OK.
In case the above solutions dont help you then only way to get then
diagnosed and fixed is by taking free help by QuickBooks Technical
Support at 1800-470-6903.