QuickBooks Mac Support
Perform several solutions to resolve Crash Catcher while using QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
|Important: Please make sure to send the crash report that is presented by the Crash Catcher. Include as much detail as possible for the steps you took before the crash occurred.|
Solution 1. Update to the latest release
- Open QuickBooks.
- On the taskbar at the top, go to QuickBooks > Check for QuickBooks Updates.
- If you don’t have the latest release, follow on screen prompts to install.
Solution 2. Verify the integrity of the company file
- Go to File > Utilities > Verify Data.
- If a problem is detected:
Solution 3. Safe Boot
- Shut down the computer.
- Press the Power button, then press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard until you see your Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks and perform the same task you were trying to complete before the Crash Catcher appeared.
Note: If you’re unable to reproduce the problem in Safe Boot, this might indicate a conflict between QuickBooks and something installed on your computer. If the issue persists in normal startup, consult an IT professional. To return to normal startup, reboot the computer without pressing any keys.
Solution 4. Add New Mac OS user
- Open System Preferences.
- Select the Users & Groups icon.
- Select the + button to add a new user with Administrator permissions.
- Log in with this new user.
- Open QuickBooks, then try to reproduce the issue.