When you activate Direct Deposit, you are prompted to enter 2 debit amounts. These are the 2 small test debits from your bank account used to verify your bank account information before Direct Deposit is activated.
Within two banking days of beginning the Direct Deposit activation process, you will see two small amounts have been debited from your bank account by QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. To complete the activation process and start using the service, you must enter those two amounts into QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you know the debit amounts, enter them when prompted.
- If you do not know your debit amounts, check your bank statement for two small debits under the company name Intuit.
- If you started the Direct Deposit signup process previously and did not complete it, Contact Us.
To enter the test debits if you are not prompted:
- Choose Employees > My Payroll Service > Activate Direct Deposit.
- Select Enter Test Debits.
If you do not see the option to enter test debits, follow these steps:
- Go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information.
- Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
For additional information about IAM Log in, see QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance Sign In PageFAQ.
- Click the Verify link next to your Direct Deposit bank account information.
- Enter the 2 test debit amounts to verify your new bank account. (see screenshot below)
- Enter and confirm your payroll PIN.
- Click Submit.